Initiatives & Standards
With a set of internal standards and processes as well as the implementation of respective measures, we work to achieve our sustainability targets. In doing so, we are guided by internationally recognised standards.
DEKRA supports the 10 principles of the UN Global Compact (UNGC). The UNGC is the world's largest initiative for responsible corporate governance. Based on 10 universal principles, and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), it pursues the vision of an inclusive and sustainable global economy for the benefit of all people, communities and markets, now and in the future.
1. Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
2. make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
3. Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
4. the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
5. the effective abolition of child labour; and
6. the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
7. Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
8. undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
9. encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
10.Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.