Cyber SafePS: A Solution That Identifies the Cyber Security Risks to the Plant
Cyber security in Process Plant Safety
Process plants have industrial control systems (ICS) embedded in the various levels of the company’s digitalisation. BUT no system is invulnerable; a technology malfunction can lead to asset damage, environmental consequences, financial losses, and even injury or loss of life.
- If a cyber attack succeeds, what is the ultimate risk to your people, plant, environment?
- What are your defences against attack?
- Have you identified the essential barriers to a cyber attack and labelled them as CYBER CRITICAL SAFEGUARDS and subjected them to consistent Cyber Safety Management?
- Have you checked for defence in depth and diversity amongst your safeguards and barriers, for major accident hazards caused by these attacks?
Importance of Cyber Security and Protection
- Have you identified the areas vulnerable to cyber attack?
- Have you identified what Major Accidents might be caused by a cyber attack?
- Do you have clearly defined safeguards that require controls (cyber-security) to prevent remote access?
- Where are your independent barriers?
- Can you confidently answer HSE questions?
Which standard should I choose?
Control Network Drawing
- Identifies the Cyber security risks to the plant;
- Report produced highlights different types of safeguards; from the vulnerable, to the acceptably secure and robust.;
- Enables consequences to be identified which then enables organisation to determine simply and extremely effective solution;
- Can help determine the right defence measure and systems.
- The environment
- First schedule - lists of all cases that could result in a fatality and the independent barriers that prevent it;
- Second schedule - lists independent barriers that prevent cases that might result in fatalities;
- Final schedule - lists cases that might result in a fatality but have no independent safeguards.
- We are experts in both the technical and organisational factors that impact safety.
- We have impeccable credentials as a trusted partner to a cross-section of industries.
- We specialise in process safety innovations, such as our Cyber SafePS tool.