Enhanced safety for materials and products through our fire tests
If you store or process flammable substances, need to show compliance with product flammability rules, or want to improve fire protection at your facility, our fire and flammability testing lab can provide you with all of the critical data needed to meet your goals.
- Basic fire research: Smoldering combustion, ignition, flame spread, etc.
- Applied fire research: Test method development, project management, data analysis, etc.
- Design and evaluation of buildings, safety parameters, fire loss prevention engineering, fire simulation, emergency egress, fire growth models and more.
- From materials to assemblies and beyond, we assist with proposals, feasibility studies, product development and modification in order to satisfy flammability, fire resistance, or other fire safety related requirements.
- Our simulation tests of fire scenarios reproduce and demonstrate the development of various phases or the entire process of a fire, from ignition until the fire is fully developed and extinguished.
- Small, medium and full-scale testing.
- For building, vehicle or furniture fires as well as in industrial and storage settings.
- We ensure your products meet required standards and regulations.
- Material behavior, ignition, vapour pressure, explosion severity, sustained combustibility, electrostatic hazards, dust explosion, energetic materials, DOT/UN/GHS material characterisations and many more.
- Meet flammability and fire protection requirements.
- Access important data about flammable properties.
- Maintain safety while developing new products or modifying existing products.
- Evaluate and minimise risks.
- Experience: We have an extensive and successful track record of assisting our clients in developing customised fire safety tests that suit their process materials and products.
- Compliance expertise: Our staff conduct tests at our designated laboratories and can advise you on issues related to compliance.
- Cutting edge facilities: Our testing facilities are staffed by personnel with extensive experience in designing and conducting large-scale fire and safety testing and analysis for materials and systems.
- Location: Our testing services are conducted at our state-of-the-art laboratries in Chilworth, Southampton.